Pricing of a mobile tented camp
If you are considering a mobile tented camp for a group, big or small, and you are doing so expecting that this may be a more cost effective solution when compared to a conventional hotel, resort or game lodge, we regret that this may not be the case. A mobile tented camp pricing may well become comparable for larger groups of 3 or more nights however. The experience cannot be compared to any other conventional hospitality product, and will almost certainly reward you for thinking outside of the box, so to speak.
The pricing matrix considers 3 main factors when determining the cost of a camp, it is important to remember that all our camps are custom built against a specific client brief.
We consider the following;
- Number of tents required (both single and sharing).
- The number of nights that the camp is required.
- Distance between the kit and equipment location, and your selected site.
The above questions take care of the bulk of the costs of setting up a camp, and then we will need to establish a few more details which would include;
- Location, do you have a specific location in mind, or would you like us to suggest a suitable location which would best meet your needs.
- The accessibility of the location for trucks, and the site security.
- Proximity to the nearest drinkable water point.
Having considered the above, we begin looking at yet more detail, which would include;
- Can we have access to the site for approximately 5 – 7 days before guests arrive, and about 4 days after the guests depart, this depends largely on the size of the camp.
- The type of catering required, our typical menu offering is somewhat elaborate, but variations of our menus are always an option.
- Additional infrastructure which could include conference tents, massage tents, lounge tents etc. for example.
- Lastly, we would like to know about what activities you may have mind, remembering that we are not only an operator of luxury tented camps, we are also activity and program facilitators and bring considerable value to your unique safari experience.
Having said this it is possible for us to provide an estimate, and this is based on 20 years of experience in providing luxury tented camp solutions, and our project fees, when divided by the number of guests and number of nights, range between R4000 and R18,000 per TENT per night.
Whilst our camps can accommodate up to 200 guests, the most cost effective camp is one which amortizes the set up and break down costs over as many nights as possible, in short if it is at all possible, groups should be broken down into smaller sizes and rotated through the camp, even if there are a few days between each rotation. This model works well for companies where multiple divisions could be accommodate in the camp. The pricing options below are based on approximately 50 tents, per tent per night, where the stay is for a minimum of 2 nights.
As always we look forward to discussing options with you before the pricing is complete.